CEOs, executives and entrepreneurs search for methods of improving their focus, memory and mental clarity, and optimizing their performance in business. Athletes and fitness fans are often looking for ways of enhancing their physical performance, endurance and resilience to injury. “Biohackers” use all kinds of techniques to maximize their potential and get the most from their body and mind.
Fuel the Brain with OXYGEN
HBOT is a way of giving your body 10-15 times more oxygen than normal and is a well-known method for enhancing performance. After treatment patients report better memory, higher energy levels and an overall sense of well-being.
- The performance of executives and entrepreneurs is limited by lack of sleep, poor concentration and ‘brain fog’. By flooding the brain with much more oxygen than it gets normally, HBOT helps optimize your mental faculties, promoting sharper clarity and focus, better memory and improved performance in business.
- As a competitive edge for athletes, hyperbaric oxygenation reduces muscle fatigue and the build-up of lactic acid. Those who use hyperbarics in their professional athletic careers report an advantage over competitors
- Your performance is limited by the amount of energy your body produces. HBOT helps boost energy and promotes faster recovery from fatigue by increasing the amount of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) in the body. ATP is the body’s battery, the molecule that keeps everything going.
- Injury, illness, and generally diminished physical health also limit performance. HBOT accelerates tissue repair by hastening the growth of new blood vessels. HBOT helps the body to heal itself.
- HBOT users report feeling rejuvenated, refreshed and ready to take on the world, which is testament to the power of oxygen.
A recently published study from China also showed that HBOT results in cognitive performance enhancements. College students were treated with five HBOT exposures over a five-day period. Improvements in their spatial working memory were seen and confirmed on functional MRI scanning.
Studies have shown that HBOT is dramatically effective for brain healing and healthy performance. Research shows improvement in the following areas of cognitive and neurobehavioral function that are most often impaired in mild TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) and PCS (Post-Concussion Syndrome):
- executive function and working memory
- short-term memory
- attention and concentration
- speed of information processing
- reaction time
- concept formation and problem-solving
- emotional and behavioral changes and loss of control
So how does HBOT do these miracles? Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy plays a major role in acting as a stimulant; promoting and activating gene sequences that code for growth and repair hormones. It appears to be able to restore waning brain function and prevent premature dementia.
Considering that it delivers a natural substance (oxygen) which helps our body repair itself and has many significant medical benefits, including mending our DNA, it is easy to see why a growing population is utilizing hyperbaric oxygen for performance enhancement and overall well-being.
Is HBOT right for you? The experts at Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy of Western New York can answer your questions and address any concerns you may have. Visit us at www.02wny.com or call us: (585) 426-8969